LinkedIn Tracking

How Nexus Legal can help your move to Australia 

Nexus Legal Recruitment are a truly international firm that help find candidates in the legal sector find the best jobs within the best law firms in over 6 continents.  We help on a one-to-one basis and tailor your search to best meet your key skills and expertise. We will also provide advice on visas to make your transition to your new role as smooth as possible.  


Why Lauren would recommend a move to Australia?
Australia has large expat communities, with a diverse range of people from different cultural backgrounds and religions. This makes Australia a great move for international lawyers from other jurisdictions. Furthermore, Australia’s economy has been strong over the last 10 years, resulting in plentiful jobs available in the legal sector. Not only are these roles in some of the best law firms in the world, they offer fantastic salary packages and promotional opportunities that are second to none.

What is the legal sector like?
The key practice areas we recruit into are: Corporate, Banking & Finance, Energy & Resources Projects, Commercial Litigation, TMT, Intellectual Property and Employment. 

Australian lawyers? 
Whether you're looking to make a move locally or interstate, we work with lawyers looking to explore opportunities across a broad range of practice areas from transactional practices to general advisory or disputes roles. We work with firms from top-tier and internationals, to smaller boutique practices. Which means we are well equipped to cater your job search to your specific requirements or needs.

Internationally qualified lawyers? 
We regularly work with internationally qualified lawyers who are looking for a change of pace in one of the major Australian cities. Australia offers a great lifestyle and working culture, while still offering exposure to high quality legal work. Typically, lawyers working in transactional practice areas can easily transition across to a legal role in Australia.

What are the immigration rules for internationals?
To work in Australia, you must obtain a working visa which normally means you have to have a sponsor to work in the country. A sponsor is normally an employer from a law firm once you have received a job offer. But this is nothing to worry about, as your employer will help you through this process. ​

If you are interested in a move down under, please contact Lauren Chester for a discreet chat on +44 203 984 6565

 or email

< Back to Locations